These lists have been compiled to help you spread the word. We are working towards building these contacts into a searchable database.
Note that spreadsheets have a tab along the bottom differentiating between categories/states. You can search for key words within any spreadsheet by using the ‘find’ function (command + F for mac or control + F for PC).
- Media – decide which platforms are relevant to your search (e.g. national TV/regional newspaper) and send a media release
- Hospitals – alert hospitals in the area that they have gone missing from (patients can receive treatment without ID)
- Public transportation – your missing loved one may have used a mode of public transport on the date they were last seen
- Shopping centres – high-traffic areas like shopping centres are great for generating localised awareness
- Crisis accommodation and food services – if homelessness is a consideration, contact homelessness service providers
- Trucking companies – trucks are always on the roads, so a truck driver may have seen something (e.g. missing person may have hitchhiked) – request an announcement across their company’s PA system
- Universities and TAFEs – a great central point for information dissemination and students are likely to help mobilise a search
- Country Women’s Associations (CWA) – an enormous network of women who care about the community
To suggest other relevant industries, please do so in the feedback form below.
We have been as thorough as possible, but some services may have been missed. All details were correct as at 1 November 2016 and MPAN aims to check data annually.