Twitter is a great way to reach a large audience with little effort.
If you have a short message to share with a lot of people, Twitter is a great tool to use.
Some tips for using Twitter include:
- Set up a new account for the tweets
- Use a photo of the missing person for the profile picture
- Tweet your message to celebrities
- Use a brand, link or hashtag so that people can find out more information
- Tweet links to any media articles about your case
If you’ve decided it’s an option you want to take, create a Twitter account.
Things to be aware of
As with other online media, there are some things you will want keep in mind.
- You should only share the information you are comfortable to make public. Once you share information online you will not have limited control over it.
- Media outlets may hear about your story through Twitter and contact you about your story.
- It can take a lot of time and energy to manage the response social media can generate.
- You may receive unkind or unhelpful comments from people; you should ignore any trolls.